Friday, May 18, 2012

Friday Photo: an "establishment"

Today's photo is of an establishment I first noticed back in August.  At first glance it look like a place some people in the United states might call a "liquor store" or if you are from Pennsylvania, a "state store" (don't ask why PA is different, it's a bit of a long story).


I noticed this place all year, but never really ventured in because there are many places closer to home for me to purchase "adult beverages" (I think I might be wearing out my """ key with this one).  A couple of weeks ago, though, a friend and colleague of mine ventured inside this place on a whim and discovered what this establishment REALLY is.  Have you guessed it yet?


How about now?



Take another look (and yes, that is Vodka in the window):

Give up?


It's a plain, ordinary, nothing special here grocery store.  The kind that sells bread, sugar, rice, and canned goods.  While an entire isle of vodka is fairly common here, the store where I buy most of my groceries puts it's vodka isle away from the windows and consequently it seems less "exotic" (if vodka can be considered "exotic" in a place where it is almost as cheap as water).  Happy Friday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment