Monday, September 26, 2011

Movie Monday: Yesterday's trip to Medeo

I know I have posted about Medeo before (and you know I will post again when there is ice in the rink), but here is a short movie made on my trip up the mountain yesterday and some random facts to keep you entertained.






Random Facts:
The Medeo Dam was built to protect Almaty from mud slides.
The Ice Rink was the site for more than 100 world records in skating.
The rink is open 8 months out of the year.
The rink sits at 1700 meters elevation (that is close to 5000 feet).

There are almost 800 steps to reach the top of the dam (yes I counted them).
I definitely plan to go skating there this fall.
If you want more facts This website seems to be pretty good.

P.S.  Happy, Quiet and Safe Revolution day Yemen.

No comments:

Post a Comment