Friday, October 21, 2011

Friday Photo: Fall Colors

Leaves are turning yellow and the weather is rapidly cooling.  Sunny days have a chilly bite to them and the nights are downright cold.  The weather changes in the mountains much sooner than in the city.  I saw my first yellow leaf up by Medeo weeks ago.  Now most of the trees in Almaty have turned a beautiful gold.



I catch the bus in the dark both directions now, and sometimes I don't see the mountains at all until I get to work and the sun comes up.  The street lights turn off at the earliest moment of morning twilight and I often catch their fade as I sit on the morning bus.

The heaters are on (thank goodness - or the city planners) and I almost got out my winter coat this morning.  At the last minute I traded it for a warm sweater and my fleece jacket when the thought of a heavy winter jacket in the middle of October proved too depressing.

This is Autumn in Almaty.

No comments:

Post a Comment