Saturday, December 10, 2011

Almaty Weather

Before I came, many of my friends asked me what kind of weather I was expecting in Almaty.  Since it is mostly just my friends who read this blog (hi guys)  I thought that perhaps it was time for an update.  Since about the 2nd half of October I have come to expect some snow about once a week.  Usually it is only an inch or two a accumulation - enough to make the sidewalks icy.  It is cold, but not unbearable.  Most days I don't feel like I need gloves or a scarf, but I can feel that changing.

The last couple of weeks have been very foggy.  I  don't often get to see the mountains any more (this is wreaking havoc on the mountain time lapse I am working on), just a sea of white.

So that's the weather report.  Not much else to report except that photos of the new years decorations will be coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment