Monday, April 30, 2012

Movie Monday: Kok Tobe

If you ever attend an event with mixed expat and local company, people inevitably ask you which of Almaty's attractions you have been to see.  Have you been to Medeu?  Have you been to the Green Bazaar and Panfilov Park?  The one place I had not been (until today) was Kok Tobe.

My reason for delaying my visit to the enormous television tower on the green hill overlooking downtown was purely aesthetic.  I really wanted to go up there on a clear day, and we have not had many clear days here since last October.  This morning, though, I woke up to a brilliant blue sky and wonderful fresh air that still smelled like last night's rain.  So I took the metro down to the end of Abay, bought my 2000 tg round trip ticket for the gondola, and went up to see the view.  Here is a short video of the trip.  Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment