Friday, February 10, 2012

Friday Photo: A New Normal

I seem to remember a time when trees had leaves and when the sidewalks weren't covered in 10 layers of snow and sand (they sand here, rather than shovel).  I vaguely recall how the bushes looked without their snowy garlands.  I remember when the cold was new and refreshing and when the extra time it took to add several extra layers was annoying.  Now it all looks so normal: the slush, the ubiquitous white ground cover, and the ever grey skies.  I thought I would get sick of it but instead, winter has established itself as a semi-permanent state and I find that I don't, in fact, mind at all.

2 comments:

  1. You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I am excited for spring, but In spite of the grey, winter here is quite fun. Lots of inexpensive winter time recreation.

      Delete